Friday, March 6, 2009

Exploration of Dr. Christie's Website

When I visited the site I thought it was such a great website to use once I became a teacher. It was filled with useful information on ways to incorporate technology in my classroom. Dr. Christie was an educator for forty years and I have to believe that she gained alot of knowledge in those years. She worked with a variety of students and this enabled her to create the website. The website is filled with tools that will allow students to become interactive in the classroom.

Dr. Christie in her bio says that technology can enchance teaching and learning skills to everyone in the classroom. Also reading the excerpt of her last lecture I could tell that there were mixed emotions in her last lecture they should would ever give. It shows that she was devoted to the well being of all people and students who came in contact with her. If she could help she would try her best to help. I want to be a teacher like that. I want to make a difference in the lives of all the children that come into my classroom. I want to instill in all of my students a well to do attitude about learning and also life.


Dr. Christie's Technology Guide is filled with things I will definitely bring into my classroom. There are so many helpful ideas that will make learning fun for me as a teacher and also my students. I didn't know that technology could be used in so many different ways in the classroom. I found this website to be helpful to any kind of teacher. I was intrigued by the digital media and photography resource that could be a guide for art teachers that incorporate digital cameras in the classroom. Dr. Christie basically lays out everything that a teacher could possibly run into in any classroom.

I will definitely refer back to Dr. Christie's website because I know that it will be helpful to me as a new teacher. I am so glad that I explored her website because it is filled will new and exciting information that I can use in my classroom. The website is applicable for any grade level K-12. How could a teacher go wrong with a laid out plan that Dr. Christie has created. If you are a teacher who needs some extra help in your classroom check out Dr. Alice Christie's website: http://www.alicechristie.org

No comments:

Post a Comment