Sunday, February 22, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture


When I watched the Randy Pausch lecture I was very inspired. Here is a man about to die in 3-6 months and is able to talk about death. I don't think that I could be that courageous. I believe that it takes a person like Professor Randy Pausch to show the world that death doesn't always have a negative connotation. His presentation was extremely moving. One thing that he said in the presentation that I really thought was motivational was when he said when someone stops critizing you then that means that they have given up on you. I found so much truth in that statement. So many people go through life just wondering around thinking what they are doing is right. I love for people to point out my faults because I learned a long time ago that it makes you stronger and a better person.

Randy Pausch goes through the presentation explaining his childhood dreams. Things that he experienced in his life inspired him to become the person that he was. He explains that he had a great childhood filled with wonderful memories. He graduated from Carnegie Mellon with a PHd. He says that when he graduated he was turned down from many jobs that he applied for. But is explains that brick walls are put up to prove to yourself that you can go through them or around them to achieve your goals. Paush worked on virtual reality things for Walt Disney and various other entities. Just listening to all the things that he accomplished in his lifetime were just phenomenal. He worked on VR projects with Walt Disney's "Aladdin". He had to brief the secretary of defense on the VR project. He tells how becoming a professor allowed him to work on projects with Walt Disney and fulfil his childhood dreams. That was so great for me to listen to how things came full circle for him. From his first trip to Walt Disney gave him a guide in his future.

Also he was extremely inspirational to other people as well. He created a course that allowed people to embrace their childhood dreams. In the course he allowed the students to create what ever they wanted. He pushed his students to become better each and everytime they entered his class. He inspired all of his students they seemed to be so involved in learning everything he had to give. Randy Pausch is just really a great person because he loved to help people. He wanted to make a difference in the lives of other people so that they could achieve their dreams.


He has a great love for his family. He shows that they are the people who marked him to be a great person. They allowed him to embrace everything that he wanted to do. From watching the presentation they made a really wonderful person. Randy Pausch has guided the future of many of his students lives. How many people in this world can you truly say have inspired someone to become a better person. The whole presentation was really great. It wasn't long and boring it was really up beat the whole time. He made me laugh and I didn't think about the disease that threatened his existence. It really gave me some insight to Randy Pausch as a person. And from what I saw he was. He inspired many and he definitely left a mark on many lives. Looking at Randy Pausch in his presentation he really inspired me to become a better person when obstacles are put in the way. It showed me that God puts people like Randy Pausch in the world to bring knowledge and wisdom to so many others that may not have a role model in their lives. Randy Pausch is truly one of the greatest people who lived in this world. I hope I can leave a legacy like he did. He marked a generation with all of his accomplishments.

Check out Randy Pausch's presentation, here is the web address:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

1 comment: